MAPLEWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
Originally located in City Hall, the library relocation was precipitated by the police department expansion. Bond Architects worked with the library to determine the feasibility of converting a historic 1930’s pool house into their public library. The renovation of the building provided the community with an adaptive reuse of an endangered landmark. Bond Architects worked closely with the library board, organized community engagement sessions and supported capital campaign fundraising efforts. Historically accurate window replacements, a new entry courtyard with community-selected literary quotes and a graphics program to rebrand the library were completed by our team. The meeting room and restrooms are accessible after hours for community use, and the foyer display areas feature local history and community art projects. The dedicated Children’s Area contains ample storage, a child’s height sink and access to outdoor activity space.